Friday, April 18, 2014

COACHELLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY

I went to Coachella.

I know exciting, right? it was pretty exciting. An amazing experience to say the least.

In case you don't know, Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is in the desert (Indio, California), it takes place from Thursday-Sunday although concerts don't start until Friday you can show up on Thursday and set up your tent. Oh and mostly you camp in a tent near your car. Some people (ahem, celebrities) get hotels or luxury houses to stay in but us normal folk stay in tents on the grounds.

Super Highlights:

  • I met and hugged Kate Nash (full body, everyone else was hugged over the divider put up to keep fans from climbing on stage but she came around to hug me because I was last and didn't get to take a picture)
  • Pharrell was amaaaaazing, he had so many guests including: Gwen Stefani (!!!!!), Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Nelly, Diplo, Tyler the Creator... I think that's everyone, haha it was insane, he put on one of the best shows ah so good. Plus I just like his music anyways.
  • I got to see the 1975 and i was soooooo close literally like they were right there damn so good and Matt was shirtless and he was the most amazing performer, they put on an amazing show
  • I've discovered my true calling in life is DJ'ing just kidding (I'm totally not kidding wouldn't that be the most rad, fun job ever?)
Things I won't miss: 
  • Porta Potties as the only bathrooms. Pretty self explanatory.
  • Never having a full battery on my phone
  • The heat.
  • Then the wind.
  • Then the heat again.
  • On Friday the heat was so bad we only could watch 2 songs from Haim even though I love them because i felt the sun draining my life
  • Dirt. Everywhere. Your eyes, your toes, your elbow creases, your armpits, your hair. Everywhere. Mixing with your sweat so you're just a sweat mud monster. I don't care how cute those girls look in their maxi dress ootds, they are gonna be dusty as heck by the end of the day. 
  • Beyonce was there and i didn't see her (insert sobs)

Musicians I saw (even if just for a minute, in order):

Friday: Mako, Davide Squillace, Aloe Blacc, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, HAIM, Bastille, Kate Nash, Ellie Goulding

Saturday: White Lies, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Carbon Airways, GTA, Julian Casablancas, Cajmere,Warpaint, City and Colour, Kid Cudi, MGMT, Lorde, Solange, Fatboy Slim, Foster the People, Pharrell Williams, Muse

Sunday: Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Courtney Barnett, STRFKR, the 1975

KATE NASH:
LORDE:
THE 1975:
ELLIE GOULDING:



Overall I had an amazing time and i want to go back immediately!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow. Leave me a note. Or a kitten.