Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumkin

Happy Halloween! I decided to end the month with a post of my favorite pumpkin items, i have been particularly into pumpkin this year. Whoa i have written the word pumpkin too many times and i am having a mini existential crisis over it. I love pumpkin because people seem to think it is a Halloween thing, no it is a fall thing, you get to enjoy it a longer time! It's fall!!! Anyway, let's get this party started.

1. Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter - I discovered this beautiful magnificent item this year, it is possible it is new this year. This item is magical, it smells so good I cannot even understand how. It is vegan, cruelty free and so on so that's pretty cool too. I put it on after showering, also after shaving my legs and they were like a frickin cloud of silk. Overall this product is stellar and it's only $5, ahem i'm looking at you Lush. (sidenote: i love lush but once i tried to buy moisturizer there and it was $90) so yeah, scoop some up while its in season!

2. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin - Confession time, I used to pick the pumpkin seeds off because i have an aversion to seeds but then this year I started eating Acai bowls with pumpkin seeds in them and wowser they are delicious and also barely noticeable. Anyways I love cream cheese, everyone knows its the best kind of frosting, and this has a pocket of it and wow it is so good.

3. Pumpkin Smoothie - my favorite was the Odwalla protein smoothie, but the last few years I have not seen it anywhere so that's lame. I also got one from Robeks and it was nearly 800 calories, it was delicious but also not helpful if you are trying to watch your calorie intake. If you are interested in making your own low calorie pumpkin smoothie this recipe looks pretty easy and delicious.

4. Bath & BodyWorks Pumpkin Cupcake Scent - I am obsessed with the foaming handsoap, i only like the foaming soaps because frankly they are more fun. Anyways this scent is really nice because it is sweet and pumpkin-y and light and delicious. I am very sensitive to scents and I have had no problems with this, it is not perfume-y at all. However it does make me want cupcakes.


I know what you're thinking,"Oh wow no PSL on this list." Fun fact i don't really care that much about Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I do like them but i'm not obsessed with them. If i'm going to go to Starbucks, I'd rather have a salted caramel mocha frappucino, they put frickin salt on it it's so good ah yes. But if you do like PSLs drink them with pride don't let anyone make you feel bad about it because they are delicious and seasonal so do your thing.

I hope you have a fantastic Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow. Leave me a note. Or a kitten.